INDEX-BASED STOCK MORTALITY INSURANCE
WHAT WE CAN DO
We work with the insured(s) and/or their co-operatives and associations in order to:
- • Identify the specific natural peril(s) that constitute the significant risk
- • Determine the “trigger points” that correlate to actual losses suffered
- • Determine the appropriate financial indemnity
- • Develop a specific index based upon the above
We work with specialist insurance and reinsurance capacity providers in order to:
- • Correlate, as much as possible, the anecdotal data collected from the insured(s) with known historical events/biological criteria etc.
- • Analyse historical weather/climate data to determine the frequency/probability of “trigger events” in order to calculate the premium, limits of liability, etc.
- • Implement the program including identifying and involving suitable local intermediaries if statutorily required. Plus prepare all formal documentation and undertake negotiations on behalf of the insured(s)
- • Manage and service the programs